Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Command Line Execution

We have to refresh one doc via command line so that the macro will fire that sends out the email.  I tested and the macro is good when I trigger it from the server access point.  But I can't seem to get windows scheduler to fire it.  I am running it manually and I don't get any errors but I don't get any emails either. 

I have an example like this C:\program files (x86)\QlikView\qv.exe /nosecurity /l c:\EmailReportsReduced.qvw.  But on the server I don't have a qv.exe, I have "C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\qvconnect64.exe" but when I add that to the scheduler nothing seems to fire. 

Any ideas how to schedule this on the server?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I also tried this from the command line.  It looked like qvs.exe might be work too but this just returns quickly to the prompt and doesn't do anything. 

C:\ "c:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QVS.exe" /nosecurity /l "C:\P

rogramData\QlikTech\QVWDocuments\EmailReports.qvw"

Not applicable
Author

can u add the server ip or share the folder in the server?

Not applicable
Author

I now have qv opening the right doc but it does not fire off a reload.  This is my statement from the command line, I thought /l would reload but qv opens and does not start reloading data.  Any suggestions?

C:\Users\bi-user> "c:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe" /nosecurity /l "C:\ProgramDa

ta\QlikTech\QVWDocuments\EmailReports.qvw"

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Have a look at the reference manuals for:

- QlikView Local Client ('QlikView Reference Manual.pdf' paragraph 6.1 'Command Line Syntax' on page 41: 'qv.exe /r <qlikview file name>.qvw') if you want to reload on the desktop; or

- QlikView Server ('QlikView Server Reference Manual.pdf' paragraph 25.2 'Reloading a file from the command line' on page 195: 'QlikViewDistributionService.exe -r=d:\myapps\document.qwv', but don't forget to set the key 'EnableBatchMode' to 'true' in 'QlikViewDistributionService.exe.config') if you want to reload on the server

With regards,

Martijn ter Schegget

The Implementation Group