Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Compare multiple expressions

Hi I have multiple independent expressions that I need to compare and sort all of them (from top to bottom).

For up to 3 expressions, I can easily solve the problem using rangemax.

But for these many, I don't know what to do.

In the attached file, I listed 19 expressions for example.
Think this application as a survey result and there are 19 questions (Q1 to Q19).

By picking the names first, I want to see the top % of each question (the expressions).

Then I want to compare/sort the %. 

For example, I picked the names from Alice to Ursula.

The highest % of these 19 questions is 57% - Q6 and Q7.

So I know in Q6 and Q7, these 21 people have the highest commonality.

The goal is to sort all these expressions. Please help, thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure where you want your expressions to be sorted, they are located in different charts.

But maybe like attached?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure where you want your expressions to be sorted, they are located in different charts.

But maybe like attached?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks swuehl, using crosstable is a great idea, and the chart you built is exactly what I am looking for. But my original data model is so much more complicated and can't be joined together because of different levels of granularity. I am attaching my original data model and let's see if there's any way besides crosstable?

ExpressionSort.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I can't give an advice just looking at the table view screen shots.

Remodelling would also need full knowledge of all requirements.

I must admit I haven't even fully understood what you want to do with the sorted expressions, since the highest commonality as you calculate it also depends on cardinality of the question dimensions (lower cardinality -> higher commonality though answers are equally distributed).

Not applicable
Author

Thanks swuehl, I created another table with the items I want to compare and was able to sort with crosstable. Your question also gave me something to think about. All these comments are helpful. Thank you very much!