Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Compare the 2 list boxes which contain hierarchy

Hi,

Is it possible to compare the two list which contains the hierarchy and highlight only those which are not there in one another. Can someone please help me on that?

Basically I'm trying to load the old and new hierarchy into a qvw. Later I'm showing the hierarchy in a list box. Now the user would like to know what was new thing that got added into new hierarchy. So whatever is new but in hierarchy I want to highlight only those values. Could you please help!

It is little urgent

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any help or suggestions from anyone on this please?

MarcoWedel

Hi qlikviewforum,

one solution could be:

QlikCommunity_Thread_114476_Pic1.JPG.jpg

QlikCommunity_Thread_114476_Pic3.JPG.jpg

QlikCommunity_Thread_114476_Pic2.JPG.jpg

table1:

LOAD

AutoNumber(Hierarchy1) as %HierarchyID

Inline [

Hierarchy1

Asia/China/Peking

Asia/Japan/Tokyo

Europe/Germany/Berlin

Europe/UK/London

Europe/France/Paris

Europe/France/Lyon

America/US/Washington

];

table2:

LOAD

AutoNumber(Hierarchy2) as %HierarchyID

Inline [

Hierarchy2

Asia/China/Peking

Asia/Japan/Tokyo

Europe/Germany/Berlin

Europe/Germany/Hamburg

Europe/UK/London

Europe/France/Paris

America/US/Washington

];

hope this helps

regards

Marco

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your help! I have done in the following way. It will be useful for the other users who are looking for the same.

First I have loaded the OLD hierarchy and then loaded the NEW hierarchy. While loading the new hierarchy using the LOOKUP function I have found what is new in the new hierarchy and flagged it as NotMatched. Then I used the same field in the list box selected the NotMatched value and I have locked it so that changes are highlighted in the hierarchy list box. Later I have hided the locked list box as it was no more required.

Further questions on this,

Now the new requirement from the customer is to highlight what is not there in the new hierarchy but it is there in the old hierarchy? I cannot again use the LOOKUP as I'm loading the old hierarchy first and then the new hierarchy. So to find out the what is there is in the old hierarchy but not there in the new hierarchy. I need to load the new hierarchy first and the old hierarchy. It is like loading the data again and again to achieve the result. This I want to do that.

Can someone help me out how to highlight the difference with something similar to what I did to compare the old and new hierarchy. Please let me know your suggestions. It is little urgent.