Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Completely "flat" buttons - remove the bevel (even visible in "Plain" style)

See my buttons in the screenshot below, even if I use plain style I still notice a slight "bevel"

Is there a way I can remove the bevel? (i.e. the "darker" strip on right-and-bottom edges and the "lighter" strip on top-and-left edges.

And indeed, I want to remove the "bevel" on the text itself -- I don't like the grey "shadow" behind the text "Button" in the button on the right.

removing bevel on buttons.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you considered using a text box instead? (Text boxes can also trigger actions)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you considered using a text box instead? (Text boxes can also trigger actions)

erikzions
Creator
Creator

You can also use an image for the background of the text box to make it look however you want. 

Not applicable
Author

Whoops. Duh. I'll wait a few days to see if anyone can un-bevel a Button object. There is no real difference for me as I only need the "Action", but I could swear I saw it somewhere in a Qlikview I came across ( I just couldn't figure out how they managed -- maybe a background image as @Erik suggests?)

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Not sure.. but may be shadow intensity and border width as 0 in layout tab?

erikzions
Creator
Creator

You can also make the button use an image so you will not have to recreate it as a text object. 

Not applicable
Author

This may be what I was looking at. If I can find this Qlikview again I'll double check if the Button (I distinctly remember it was a button -- as you say, both Button and TextBox can use background image) used a "blank" background image. Can background image be dynamic; i.e. based on IF() condition?    

dominicmander
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Generally I never use a button object as you have as much more control over the look and feel with a text object. The only thing a button can do that a text object can't is the enable condition that disables the button in certain circumstances. This can be easily simulated with 2 text objects though.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Waiting a few days may not bring you any solace, as discussions like this are bound to disappear from sight rather quickly.

Consider this: because you strip a button of every property that makes it different from a text box, why not use a text box altogether? Text boxes are clickable and you can attach actions just like a button.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Fair. I "Correct Answer"d swuehl as I think he suggested "Text Box instead" first. Thanks, all!