Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Enabling of Expressions

Hi,

I have a straight table with nearly 90 expressions.

I have 7 buttons which are the metrics, like Vol, VolChg,...

I have written one expression for one metric and for one product.

so i have 11 products and 7 metrics in a single table.

User has flexibility to select multiple metrics(buttons) at a time.

I have written condition enabling in the expression based on the button click.

If a user clicks on Vol button, he will get Vol data in that table for all the products.

Next, he will click on Vol Chg button, in that time, will Vol expression also calculated together with the selected Vol Chg expression?

I want to know whether, it calculates only the Vol Chg or it will calculate both Vol and Vol Chg expressions on Vol Chg button?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You have condition on each expression....right ?

It shus be den displaying two different columns one for 'Vol' and another for 'Vol Chg'.

Am I understanding ur scenario correctly ?

Regards,

Sree

Not applicable
Author

Yes, Correct Sree.

I have condition on each and every expression.

And also it shows different col, one for Vol and other for Vol Chg and so on.

Not applicable
Author

Uday,

Only enabled expressions are computed

But in your case, how to compute Volume Change without computing Volume first for the two periods needed to compute the change ? If it is an independant field, only this field will be computed.

Fabrice

Not applicable
Author

Hi Uday,

If 'Vol chg' is dependent on 'Vol', then we need to have Vol enabled before you enable 'Vol Chg'.

I would suggest that you make it independent and then enable it separately using the buttons.

regards,

Sree

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply aunez and sreejith,

i have all the metric expressions in a single table like vol, volchg,....

So if user had already selected vol button, then the table will show only vol metric expressions.

After vol, if user selects VolChg button, then Vol expression was already computed and shown in the table.

My doubt is, whether Vol is again calculated after clicking on volchg button also. Bcoz both are in same table but different expressions.