cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III

Conditional Show for Sheet on Field Selection

I have a report where I have 3 different input files that share 13 fields between them. The other fields are all unique to that input file. In the QV report, I have a tab with the shared criteria and some main charts, but I have3 other tabs with additional breakout reporting and fields realted to that specific input file. I have seen it before, but was unable to find a related topic in the QV Community for what I need.

I only want a sheet to show on the condition that that tab is selected in the ComplaintsTab field on the Shared sheet. I could not figure out the right expression for each of the 3 tabs to make them show. When I select Account Support on the Shared Criteria sheet, I want the Account Support sheet to show.

I thought it would be as easy as an expression saying if (ComplaintsTab='Account Support') as the condition show for the sheet...

I attached a mock version of the report for reference if anyone could help me figure this out.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

GetFieldSelections(ComplaintsTab) = 'Account Support'

and in the same for all another sheets

for the sheet activating, you can add trigger over the ConplaintsTab field:

"OnSelect" ->Activate Next Sheet

sample attached

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

GetFieldSelections(ComplaintsTab) = 'Account Support'

and in the same for all another sheets

for the sheet activating, you can add trigger over the ConplaintsTab field:

"OnSelect" ->Activate Next Sheet

sample attached

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like attached sample:

Not applicable

Hi,

you may use the below condition in the Conditional Show field of the particular sheet.

=SubStringCount('|' & Concat(distinct [ComplaintsTab], '|') & '|', '|Account Support|')

It should work

thanks.

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, idk why I couldnt find something along this lines, much simpler than I thought. How to you get to the field trigger settings?