Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional colors question

Hoi there,

A lot of you will know the problem, when you reload, the colors of your chart might change.

A solution to this is writing a script for the colors.

O.a =If(V001='Immediately,' Green(), If(V001='After more than 3 tiries', Red(), If(....etcetera))

Now i have made this Pie graph. The big pie shows the selection, the small pie shows the total at all times (using the {1} in the count)

Schermafbeelding 2012-01-25 om 16.36.45.png

The colorscript works fine for the big one. However, I do not manage to write the color script for the small one in that way the for the small graph the colors stay the same (although using the {1} function in the expression)

What's the problem? Whenever I make a selection the small graph only shows the colors of the selection.

The idea is that the small graph does not change at ALL. I guess I'll have to use the {1} in my color script as well.

However, I don't know how to do that.

Schermafbeelding 2012-01-25 om 16.37.20.png

Any suggestions on this one?

Kind regards,

Tim Dries

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try using:

=If( only({1} V001) ='Immediately,' Green(), If(only({1} V001) ='After more than 3 tiries', Red(), If(....etcetera))

And I would suggest creating a color field in your data model, so you don't need the if() clauses in each chart.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try using:

=If( only({1} V001) ='Immediately,' Green(), If(only({1} V001) ='After more than 3 tiries', Red(), If(....etcetera))

And I would suggest creating a color field in your data model, so you don't need the if() clauses in each chart.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks man!

That was what I was looking for!

However, I'll take your advice with me will give the color field a change!

kind regards,

Tim