Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional display of chart?

Hi,

I have a chart and beside of chart there are 3 fields and 1 button .

my requirenment is i want to display chart only if 3 fields are selected and when button is clicked chart should be open.

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

In Layout tab of the chart, create a show conditional expression like

=GetSelectedCount( Field1) * GetSelectedCount ( Field2 ) * GetSelectedCount( Field3 )

so that only when you makes selection in all fields Field1, Field2, Field3, the show condition is true.

Create a button with action Layout - Restore Object and enter the chart Object ID (you see the ID in general tab of the chart), like, something like CH01.

Not applicable
Author

where i will get restore object option

swuehl
MVP
MVP

From the button actions. Add action type Layout, action restore object.

See my sample attached above.

Not applicable
Author

restore object is not working.

i want only if that 3 field values selected and when button is clicked chart should be display

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What do you mean with 'not working'. It's restoring a minimized object.

If you want more like an addtitional show / hide condition, create a variable vToggle and set the variable to 0 resp. 1 when pressing the button. Add the variable to the show condition of the chart:

=GetSelectedCount( Field1) * GetSelectedCount ( Field2 ) * GetSelectedCount( Field3 ) * vToggle

See attached sample V2.

Not applicable
Author

My requirenment is after selecting field values from 3 fields and when i click on "Submit"- Text object the chart should be display.

unless and until i make all 3 field selection and press "submit" chart should be disable.

Thanks in advance.