cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Conditional display of multiple expression lines

I have a chart with 5 expression lines and my company owner wants to be able to choose the one(s) he wants to see at any given time.

I built a selection box and used conditional enabling in the chart to show the ones requested by the selector but apparently it's not that simple.  If I select one, hooray!  I get the one I want.  If I select more than one, I get an error message saying all expressions are disabled.

Single SelectionSingle SelectionAnything more than a single selectionAnything more than a single selection

And because I know it's helpful and someone will ask (Smiley Happy), I am attaching the view.  Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You have used

if(vsel_chart_typ='a',...

that will not work. vsel_chart_typ will return empty string when more that 1 value is possible

use something like below

SubStringCount(Concat(vsel_chart_typ,'|'),'a')

as the condition

please note you have a and ab there that may cause issues. i suggest giving full names in the vsel_chart_typ dimension

like Abandoned and use above substring count method

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You have used

if(vsel_chart_typ='a',...

that will not work. vsel_chart_typ will return empty string when more that 1 value is possible

use something like below

SubStringCount(Concat(vsel_chart_typ,'|'),'a')

as the condition

please note you have a and ab there that may cause issues. i suggest giving full names in the vsel_chart_typ dimension

like Abandoned and use above substring count method

raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you ever so much!  I just switched abandoned from 'ab' to 'b' in the script and it worked like a charm!

I am very appreciative of your assistance!