Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional show objects on report

Hi,

I have designed a QlikView report to show 3 charts one below the other. The requirement is to show only 2 charts based on a condition. But when the condition hides any of the first 2 graphs, it creates blank space in the report.

Is there any option available to arrange the 2 selected graphs one below other dynamically? I tried to adjust the left right properties, but it doesn't allow those to be configured using a variable dynamically.

Regards,

Murali

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

can you post a visual example of what you mean? When the two graphs are hidden, can't you just make the single visible graph larger?

Not applicable
Author

You can play around with Conditional show/hide to achieve what you want.I think you are using Calculation Condition which calculates only when the condition satisfies. But when you use conditional show it will hide the entire.object.

But as mentioned by Paul it will be much easier to address if you could attach a sample file.

Thanks

AJ

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Are you talking about a report designed with the Report Editor that opens when you choose Edit Reports from the Reports menu? If so then I'm afraid you're out of luck. I don't know of any way to make reports behave this way. If you're talking about a qlikview document then what you want is hard to do, but possible using a macro. See here: http://community.qlik.com/message/361796#361796

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Here is an example...

steps

1. Click on Print Report and then print preview.

2. You will notice all three text boxes in the report.

3. Now close that window and click on 'hide step2'

4. Now click on print report and then print preview.

5. Now you will see a gap between the two text objects.

what I want is to move move third text box just below the first one...

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, as we know the reported tools is very limitated and have a lot of things to improve, one of this things is this bug that you mentioned previous.

if you have condition in some object, when they are hiden , the blank space will continue and the report will be not totaly correct.

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

Does any of the extension objects or 3rd party tools provide this functionality?

how about NPrinting?

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

With Nprinting you can do it, and it resolver ok, it is a good tool to use and have this functionality.. but is a no free tool and you have to purchase.

good luck!

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fernando,

can you tell me how to do that in NPrinting?

Thanks!

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Andreas,

Nprinting is a addition software that works in qlikview, and have a lot of advantages, you can see in this link how Nprinting works Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Let me know if you need something

Fernando