Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditions within Search String Button - Syntax

Hi,

Could you please help me how to add a third condition to the below conditions and also please help me with the syntax for handling not equal to.

='=TEST_CASE_STATUS=' & chr(39) & 'Expired' & chr(39) & ' OR NOT ISNULL(REASON_FOR_DELAY)' & 'AND ' & '=RULE_DESIGNATION=' & chr(39) & '<>Manual' & chr(39)

I have the following questions:

1. How to club first and second condtion i.e Test_case_status='Expired' or REASON_FOR_DEALY is not null.  Just a bracket will work?

2. How to add a third condition to this?  ...& 'AND ' & '=RULE_DESIGNATION=' & chr(39) & '<>Manual' & chr(39) - This does not work

3. How to handle not equal to?  '=RULE_DESIGNATION=' & chr(39) & '<>Manual' & chr(39) - This does not work too.

Thanks,

Sudha.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Not exactly sure where you are using this, but give this a try:

='=(TEST_CASE_STATUS=' & chr(39) & 'Expired' & chr(39) & ' OR NOT ISNULL(REASON_FOR_DELAY)) AND RULE_DESIGNATION <>' & chr(39) & 'Manual' & chr(39)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not exactly sure where you are using this, but give this a try:

='=(TEST_CASE_STATUS=' & chr(39) & 'Expired' & chr(39) & ' OR NOT ISNULL(REASON_FOR_DELAY)) AND RULE_DESIGNATION <>' & chr(39) & 'Manual' & chr(39)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much!  I was stuck with this syntax.  It's working now!

sunny_talwar

Awesome

I am glad your got it all figured. I would suggest closing this thread by marking correct or helpful answer.

Best,

Sunny