Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qw_johan
Creator
Creator

Connect to LDAP using ADsDSOObject

Hi

I am connecting to LDAP using ADsDSOObject to read information about users. Found a great example by Rob Wunderlich on how to do this.

One problem though, I need to include my own user "Admin" in my connect string (no password needed) to be able to access ALL data.

This is where I have a problem. I've tried to use "User Id=ad\Admin" I get an error saying

ErrorSource: Active Directory, ErrorMsg: An operations error occurred.

CONNECT TO [Provider=ADsDSOObject;User Id=ad\Admin;Data Source=LDAP://ad.mycompany.com:636/DC=ad.mycompany,OU=Users,OU=MyCompany,DC=ad,DC=MyCompany,DC=com;
Mode=Read];

Does anyone know how I can correctly include a username/userid in the connect string ?

Thanks,

Johan

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

qw_johan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply Petter.

Unfortunately including User Id=Admin or User Id=ad\admin generates an error when connecting to the active directory. ErrorSource: Active Directory, ErrorMsg: An operations error occurred.

Johan

MarcoWedel

did you try adding

(UserID is YourDomain\YourAccount, Password is YourPassword)

after the end of the connection string?

qw_johan
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, I've tried adding it to the end of the connection string but that doesn't help.

As soon as I add "User Id=ad\admin" and reload my app I get an error when it tryies to creat a connection.

According to the guys that are responsible for active directory I don't need a password.