Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect two graphs (make them look like one)

Hi everybody,

I have the following problem:

I would like to create a graph showing my actual numbers and forecast numbers together in one chart.

So until October, my actual numbers would be in there and then forecast numbers. However, the graph should, as soon as it contains only forecast numbers change its color, so that it is recognizable that you look at the forecast there.

So I just went ahead and created 2 graphs (2 seperate formulars) in the same chart. One contains only actual numbers and the other one shows forecast numbers if there are no actual numbers for this month yet (e.g. Nov-Dec).

So far so good ... But now I have a nasty gap between the graphs ... Does anyone see a solution to 'connect' the red graph with the green one?

gewinn_Forecast.PNG

PS: I have only been working with QV for a few weeks

Thank you in advance!

Jan

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I believe, We can merge. Can you share sample to work around

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Have a look at merging the two expressions into one, like:

=RangeSum(<"actual" expression>, <"forecast" expression>)

Then use a conditional expression for the foreground colour (click the + next to the expression in the Properties | Expressions tab). Something to determine of the x-axis date is later than the last "actuals" date

=If([DateField] > Max({<Sales = {">0"}>} DateField), Red(), Green())

Adjust to your specific requirements.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi everybody,

Sorry for my late reply...

I managed to merge them visually. I have two functions now: 1. actual Profit/Loss until max(month_closed)

2. Forecast starting in max(month_closed)... They now look like one graph which switches its coulor when turning into forecast.

I guess that's not best practice but I'm fine with that as long as the result is working.

Cheers

Jan

Graph_Gewinnentwicklung.PNG