Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting two Independent tables through an expression in Qlikview FrontEnd

Hi All,

I have below two tables with the following data. And for some technical reasons these tables are not connected in the model and there is no chance to connect them also.

Table1:

Opp NumberSales price

Table2:

Old Opp NumberOld Sales price

Now i would like to display in front end like below.

Opp NumberSales priceOld Sales price

I was trying the below expression but it working only when i select an opp number, but i wanted show them without any selections.

Dimesion :

Opp Number

Expressions:

Sales price : Sum([Sales price])

Old Sales price: Sum({1< [Old Opp Number]=p({$}[Opp Number])  >}[Old Sales price]))

Would be great if someone can help on this..

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

There's probably a way to do this with set analysis, but the easiest (to me) way is:

sum(if([Old Opp Number] = [Opp Number],  [Old Sales price]))

That said, I don't really recommend this approach - why not attach the old sales price to the opp number at the script level? You don't have to actually connect the tables, just bring in the one extra column using a mapping load or a join load.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your Reply.

The suggestion to use if condition is not working.

We have few restrictions not add the old sales price to Table1, because old sales price is being used in other places with other dimensions. If i add old sales price to Table1, it is like having same values in two different tables. If we do not have any other solution we will think to go for this approach.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try to change second table of field to same as first table like below

Table1:

Load * Inline [

Opp NumberSales price

];

Join

Table2:

Load [Ola Opp Number] as [Opp Number], [Old Sales price] Inline [

Old Opp NumberOld Sales price

];

In front end, Create straight table

Dimension - [Opp Number]

Expressions are

1) Sum([Sales Price])

2) Sum([Old Sales Price])

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

This is going to make a join between two tables on opp number, which we can't do as i was explaining above.