Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II

Container Selections

Hello Experts,

Untitled.png

i have one container object, based on container selection i just want to select same business in list box

how can i achieve this can some please give me an idea

Many Thanks,

Nianjan

6 Replies
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any Help

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

I think it's not possible to connect active chart in container with the selections in listbox. But you can always try a small trick - create a transparent text object under each container tab and assign action to them - to Select value in specific field. Don't forget to change the layer settings of that text object to top (or custom if you prefer) and the transparency settings to 100%. Something similar to the below:

sc1.PNG

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Its not possible to set or respond to container object selections. I would use conditionally displayed tables to achieve your required result. Setting the value in the list box would enable one of the charts, You would need something like this in the show condition:

=Business_Metrics = 'Audit Reports' (for the audit report table)

=Business_Metrics = 'RCSA'

etc

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Good Morning

its little bit confusion to me im attaching sample application

can you please just show me how can i achieve this issue

Best Regards,
Niranjan

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Instead of putting the tables in a container, place them on the sheet. Add a list box for Business_Metrics. For each chart, add a show condition (Properties | Layout) like I showed in the previous post. If nothing is selected in Business_Metrics, then all charts will be hidden. If you select something, the correct chart will display.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you somuch