Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Continuously Reloading from QMC

Hi All,

I am continuously reloading a file from Qlikview Management Console.

This is creating a lot of log files?

Will this have any effect on performance?

Should I remove the log files? And from what folder are these saved

Regards

Alan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The logs that the QlikView Distribution Service creates (i.e. not the document logs that are created in the folder where your document resides) are cleaned up automatically after 30 days. If this doesn't suit you or the amount of log files is still too extensive, you can change this to a shorter period.

The logs can be found in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log. There you'll find date-stamped folders that contain a separate folder for each task run - manual or triggered. Each task folder contains a maximum of 3 log files.

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating log files does affect performance, but not much.  It's up to you to decide if it is significant or not in your case.

Next, "a lot" means that you use timestamp in log file name, so getting new log file for each reload - you _maybe_ don't need this, just have one current log.  But again, up to you.  In case you want all these logs, you maybe want to delete older ones once in a while.

(Just thinking "loud")

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Michael

Not applicable

I generally find the old adage "it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" work well

So would agree, as it isn't significant then it is properly better to have them and a clean up process further down the line if necessary.

Just thinking further Alan, if you did want a halfway house on the 'lots' of logs. You could potentially go with an additional task, triggering on fail from your main continuous reload which just captures and stores the log from at that point. So you would just have a current log but also backups of any fails.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The logs that the QlikView Distribution Service creates (i.e. not the document logs that are created in the folder where your document resides) are cleaned up automatically after 30 days. If this doesn't suit you or the amount of log files is still too extensive, you can change this to a shorter period.

The logs can be found in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log. There you'll find date-stamped folders that contain a separate folder for each task run - manual or triggered. Each task folder contains a maximum of 3 log files.

Peter

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

TThanks Peter