Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Converting a BO report to Qlikview

Hi,

I have a big report that is generated in Business Objects and emailed to users everyday.  I am trying to represent the same data in Qlikview and also have an additional tab that just has the report as it is generated today.  This means around 50 dimensions and 10 measures.  When I add it in straight through table, it becomes very lengthy.  I would like to have the report (around 60 columns) but I would like to show only the first 7-8 columns in the dashboard; however when a user, exports the data, he should get be able see all the 60 columns.  Is it doable?

Basically, I want to hide the columns in Qlik but unhide the columns when exported to excel.  Please share your insights.

Thanks,

Sudha.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes what you need is possible to achieve. You can use the "Conditional" for the expressions you don't want to show to the user. The conditional could be based on a QlikView Variable that you change just before you export and change back after export. This variable enables the 52-53 expressions and at that moment it might be a timeconsuming recalculation before the export takes place.

1) Create a variable called vShowAllExpressions and assign the value 0 to it intially.

2) For all the expressions that you want to hide you should set up the Conditional and enter vShowAllExpressions as the

condition.

3) Create button to export and assign three actions to it:

a) External / Set Variable / vShowAllExpressions  / 1

b) External / Export

c) External / Set Variable / vShowAllExpressions / 0

View solution in original post

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes what you need is possible to achieve. You can use the "Conditional" for the expressions you don't want to show to the user. The conditional could be based on a QlikView Variable that you change just before you export and change back after export. This variable enables the 52-53 expressions and at that moment it might be a timeconsuming recalculation before the export takes place.

1) Create a variable called vShowAllExpressions and assign the value 0 to it intially.

2) For all the expressions that you want to hide you should set up the Conditional and enter vShowAllExpressions as the

condition.

3) Create button to export and assign three actions to it:

a) External / Set Variable / vShowAllExpressions  / 1

b) External / Export

c) External / Set Variable / vShowAllExpressions / 0

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Petter.  The suggested approach works but I have one question.  How do I specify the straight through table to be exported.  When I click on 'Setup' (External/Export/Setup) I get a list of dimensions to choose to export.  I want to just choose my table that already has all the dimensions and measures.

Thanks,

Sudha.