Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Copy an entire sheet/ layout of a sheet into another app?

Hi,

we have two different apps:

- a rather large dashboard with a lot of KPIs, currently used only internally, that we are now required to make available to customers;

- a Management_Dashboard that I created with a number of status_traffic_lights (gauge-charts), all neatly aligned in a gridlike layout - that was quite time-consuming, getting the gauge-charts aligned and resizing the chart-area and text-area inside each chart (the labels are of varying length)

=> Is there any way I can copy the whole sheet/ the layout of this sheet into the existing app that my colleague made?

(I know that individual objects can be copied across apps)

<=> Otherwise, he would either have to re-create and re-align all those gauges OR re-create all the charts he already has.

(that given, copying his charts from his app to a copy of mine would probably take less time)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

Open the sheet you want to copy, click Ctrl-A to select everything, then add a new sheet and hit Ctrl-C on the new sheet to copy all objects to the same positions.

If you have hidden objects, this will only copy objects that are visible.

Be careful if copying containers, as any changes you make in the copied container will update the linked objects on the original sheet.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Colin-Albert

Open the sheet you want to copy, click Ctrl-A to select everything, then add a new sheet and hit Ctrl-C on the new sheet to copy all objects to the same positions.

If you have hidden objects, this will only copy objects that are visible.

Be careful if copying containers, as any changes you make in the copied container will update the linked objects on the original sheet.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks Colin!

That seems to work.

The objects that have a visibility_condition cannot be copied so easily

<=> You have to change the radio-button to "Always (visible)", then you can copy them, too.

Best regards,

DataNibbler