Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Copy report tables between QVW's funcionality doesn't exist

I wanted to do this, but QV doesn't support copying and pasting a report table, so I add to recreate the load statement and then create the report manually, doing lots of clicks with the mouse, which took me much longer than if it would exist an export/import report table functionality in QV.

I suggest that QV files should be saved as XML files instead of the binary format, to make it easy to copy and paste the XML into another QVW file.

6 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What do you mean "Report table"?

You can easily copy and paste charts etc from one qvw to another. Are you referring to something created in the Report Editor?

Not applicable
Author

I mean a chart.

You're right, I just have to right click it and choose copy object, but on my first attempt I couldn't find this option.

Thanks,

Miguel

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Excellent - glad you're sorted.

Please close this thread by marking a correct answer.

By the way - look up -PRJ folders. QlikView can save every object into an XML file for use with source control etc.

Not applicable
Author

I didn't mark it as a question, and I'm not able to do it now (only in the first 15 minutes)...

Anyway the PRJ folders excelent!!!!

Not applicable
Author

you can easily go on to copy and paste any object created in one .qvw file to another.

Please note that the source(data source+ script+ field names) MUST be same for both the qvw files.

Not applicable
Author

Hi..

Is that possible to copy paste the report created using report editor...?

Thanks

Vinod Kumar