Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

CornerStone Database Connection Understanding.

Hi All,

I have fetch data from cornerstone database . Can anyone tell me what exactly this database is and how exactly we can fetch data from that.?

Thank-You

1 Reply
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Never heard of that one before, but I went to Wikipedia and found out that it was a 80's relational database product by InfoCom (a game company !). These were the days of dBase II, remember? The product disappeared in 1989 when InfoCom was shut down by Activision. Things we can deduce from these snippets are:

• It was an MSDOS product, with all disadvantages of that environment
  • It was a computer application, not a client-server product like modern RDBMS. You'll probably have to find an interface that can read CornerStone files, instead of simply connecting to an engine using ODBC or OLE DB.
  • It will be thin on detailed technical information.

If you cannot find any information about the file format, this will prove to be an uphill battle. Your best option may be to try to convert the entire database into something modern, instead of trying to read the data straight into QlikView.

It could also be referring to the Cornerstone statistical software, but your post is only talking about a database. If I misunderstood your question, please provide some more details. Thanks.