Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Correlation Help

Hello,

I have the following data structure...

TABLE: Calls

CallID (PK unique)

CallDate

CallTime

CallLength

TABLE: CallCategories

ID (PK)

CallID (FK)

CategoryName

Every call is linked by a one-to-many relationship with the CallCategories table via the field 'CallID'

I want the user to be able to select a category from a list and display in a chart, split by category, how many calls fall into the selected category and into each of the other categories.

I've tried a few things but nothing seems to work due to the way QlikView applies the filter. Can anyone help?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If i understand well, you want to display a chart independant of the selection.

You can try

Dimension = CategoryName

Expression = count( {1} CallID) {1} prevent the filter of the selection

There are after several difficulties, depending of what you want :

- how to find out the selection in the chart ?

- how to take account other filters like a periode ?

to do this, you should have a look at set analysis.

good luck

JJJ

Not applicable
Author

Thank you. Hasn't quite solved my problem entirely but definately useful to know! Thank you very much!

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Darren

As I understand your data structure, each call can be linked to more than one call categaory. Is that correct?

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathon,

Yes, thats right. I did have a many-to-many relationship initially (with a bridging table between calls and call category tables) but thought it would be easier to flatten that out and use a one-to-many table structure instead. So basically I want to take all of CallID's that are in the current selection (and the current selection may include one or more categories), and display a count of those CallID's split by the other categories that they are related to. Is it possible...? I've had a look at the Set Analysis topics in the QlikView help files but I'm not much better off...

Thank You

Darren