Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count Distinct Date

I am using the following formula to count distinct days in my data.

• Count(Distinct Date)

I want my count in the above formula to only change when I make a Year, Month, Quarter, Week etc. selection. Example:  Year: Count = 365, Month Jan: Count = 31, Week: Count = 7 and so on.

I do not these totals want this to change, if I make a selection in a field that is not a related to a date (Example: Customer).  What I want is the count to main the full count of days for date timeframe selected.  Example: With the above formula, if I select one Month; then select an attribute of another field within my data that only has one date associate with it, formula is only going to equal 1 when I want it to equal the total days in the Month of 31.

I have tried the following:

• Count({1}Distinct Date)  - This will only maintain the total distinct dates within the entire file.  It won’t change when I select Year, Quarter, Month, Week, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

COUNT({1<Year = $::Year, Quarter = $::Quarter, Month = $::Month, Week = $::Week>} DISTINCT Date)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

COUNT({1<Year = $::Year, Quarter = $::Quarter, Month = $::Month, Week = $::Week>} DISTINCT Date)

sunny_talwar

Try this:

Count({1<Year = p(Year), Month = p(Month), Week = p(Week), Date = p(Date), MonthYear = p(MonthYear), Quarter = p(Quarter)>}Distinct Date)

Add all your Date related field like the above and it should work the way you want it to work.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

This worked.  Thanks swuehi

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehi,

The formula you provided works great in a text object but is not working in a Chart Object.  The Count is still reflected as the total number of dates associated with each field attribute.  Is there an alternative formula that can be used for a Chart Object?

Thanks

Brian

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You want it not to be split across dimensions?

Try the total qualifier:

COUNT({1<Year = $::Year, Quarter = $::Quarter, Month = $::Month, Week = $::Week>}  TOTAL DISTINCT Date)

sunny_talwar

In the chart you can use this:

COUNT(TOTAL {1<Year = $::Year, Quarter = $::Quarter, Month = $::Month, Week = $::Week>} DISTINCT Date)

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Hi

Are you looking something like below?

yearmonthday.png

If Yes, you could use the functions

ex:

floor(YearEnd(SalesDate)-YearStart(SalesDate))

ceil(MonthEnd(SalesDate)-MonthStart(SalesDate))

ceil(WeekEnd(SalesDate)-WeekStart(SalesDate))

ceil(QuarterEnd(SalesDate)-QuarterStart(SalesDate))

where SalesDate is your Date Dimension

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Thanks sunindia

That worked for the Chart

sunny_talwar

No Problem