Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
If you are a Qlik Insight Bot user, join this collaborative group: JOIN GROUP
Highlighted
Not applicable

Count If with a Formula

I need to do calculations on the last 15 runs of some test data.  I can determine the number of tests Count(Distinct Test_Name), I can determine the percentage that pass (I have a PassCount and TestCount value in the data).  However, what I now am being asked to do is count the number of tests (count Test_Name) WHERE (PassCount / TestCount) > .93.

I have tried several different items all of which are flagged as invalid formula:

Sum(if((PassCount / TestCount) >= .93), 1, 0)

Count(if((PassCount / TestCount) >= .93), Distinct Test_Name)

I don't know where to go from here.  The individual tests may or may not have 15 tests.  Each test and its result are on a different row in the data.

Any thoughts?

By the way, using v11 SP5/6 (depending on which user will end up using the file) and I am relatively new to QV having been using it about six weeks.

Thank you. 

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Re: Count If with a Formula

ok . looks like you need an advanced aggregation to figure out how many tests had a greater than 93% pass rate over their individual runs.

=sum(aggr(if(sum(PassCount)/sum(TestCount) > .93,1,0),Test_Name))

also attached is an example QVW

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Count If with a Formula

A sample data file would help. Can you attach/share one ?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor II

Please see this post: Count IF in QlikView (Number of Days)

Kind regards

André Gomes

Highlighted
Not applicable

You can also set a new flag of tests with over .93 in the load statement and sum this flag up in your charts:

LOAD

If( (PassCount/TestCount) >= .93, 1) as TestFlag

In the UI, you can use Sum(TestFlag)

Highlighted
Not applicable

Document with some sample data is attached.  I have a couple of pivots/tables showing data and some statistics boxes at the top showing overall info.  What I can't figure out is populating the rightmost statistics box (highlighted).

Thank you.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Attached file.  Sorry, responded to my post, not this one but it is now available.

Thanks.

Mark.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Seems to be a similar type issue but not as complex.  I do not see how to extrapolate that example into my scenario.  Can the calculation have additional limits applied to it?  In my case, Source?  I need to show by my two sources as well as a total (i.e., three different expression values).

Thanks.

Mark.

Highlighted
Not applicable

That seems like it could work but I am loading the data from SQL and am not sure how I can tell it to Sum(PassCount) / Sum(TestCount) by Test_Name.  Perhaps I need to improve my SQL...

Thanks.

Mark.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Re: Count If with a Formula

ok . looks like you need an advanced aggregation to figure out how many tests had a greater than 93% pass rate over their individual runs.

=sum(aggr(if(sum(PassCount)/sum(TestCount) > .93,1,0),Test_Name))

also attached is an example QVW

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Perfect!  Exactly what I needed.  Thank you!!

Mark.