Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rtr13
Contributor III
Contributor III

Counting customers if they fall within time frame

Hi All,

I am having some troubles putting an expression together for one of my projects. Within one row of data, there are two separate dates, a start and end date in addition, there is a field that indicates if a customer is active or inactive. My end goal is to have a dynamic expression that if a customer is active within the date frame that an end user selects, is counted within the expression. 

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

can you share a sample data and the expected output ?

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
rtr13
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Unfortunately I do not have any sample data. Based on dynamic date fields, when selected, if the selected date field falls between their start and end date they should be counted within the measure. 

For example say a customers start date is 02/01/2019 and their end date is 05/01/2020 and the field being used for filters is Order date, when an end user chooses a order date within that time frame, the customer should be counted. But, when outside the start and end date, the customer should not be counted. I hope this makes it more clear on what I am trying to accomplish. 

Another thing that may be important is that a customer can have multiple separate start and end dates (it's historical data I'm working with).

Taoufiq_Zarra

@rtr13 

Unfortunately I didn't fully understand it, but IntervalMatch I think can help you.

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just adding a Design Blog link that further expands upon the prior post.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/IntervalMatch/ba-p/1464547

If that was the information you needed, we would greatly appreciate it if you would close out the thread by using the Accept as Solution button on that post to mark it as the solution.  This gives the poster credit and lets other Community Members know that worked.  If you have further questions, or you did something different, please leave an update post and if that was the solution, use the button on that post...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.