cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create/Append new record via Expression

Hi All,

Is it possible to create/append new record derived from Expression?  What I want is a new set of record from below table. For Example: column Total is derived from Value1 + Value2. I want create/append this new set of record for Company ABC with "Date" and "Total" columns to existing data.

CompanyDateValue1Value2Total
ABC2/29/2016123
DEF3/1/2016235
XYZ3/2/2016347

Many Thanks,

Frank

5 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Do you mean existing table contains Company,Value1 and Value2 and you want to add new columns Date and Total?

If this is the case then you need new information Company(will act as join key),Date at least to join with existing data in script, Total can be calculated from existing fields.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, only Company and I have Value1 and Value2 are input values by user where it will generate a Total value and Date.

So It have to be done via  script? I need to reuse this Date and Total value for my XIRR calc. Is there any chance this can store in memory where I can reuse?

Many Thanks

Digvijay_Singh

It seems you are trying to save information in data model from front-end Qlikview application. Not a usual practice but you can check if dynamic update can help you in this. But keep in mind, it will not survive new reload I think.

Dynamic Update - Using Actions

Digvijay_Singh

See the sample, if you click on button, it will save values in data model for date and Total from variable expression. I kept Total and Date fields in data model with empty values.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank  you! I really appreciate your help. I will give it a shot and hope this will solve my problem.