Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create email by linking on cell in table?

Hi all, I'm quite new to this.... I have an Excel file of names and contacts, and I want to Load this to use in a table giving users the ability to click on a cell and have their email program open a new window to create an email. Thanks.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Karen,

You could use 'INFO LOAD' to link a mailto-URL to your values. Check the attached QVW for an example.

The 'INFO LOAD' statement in the script links each value in the 'contact' field to a mailto-URL; if you've made a selection in the QVW which links to 1 single 'contact' value, the (i) icon will appear in the 'contact' listbox. Click this icon, and your default mail program will open with a new e-mail adressed to this person. Google for 'mailto url' to find an explanation of what you can put into a mailto-URL.

With regards,

Martijn ter Schegget

PS: same trick also works with website URLs and filenames - Rob Wunderlich uses this last version to link to the various QlikView cookbook examples from the 'index' QlikView application.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Martijn, I've tried it and it works. I just wonder how to make this more obvious to the user..?? Any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Martijn, I've worked out a solution using conditions. Thanks for your help