Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating Gauge chart

Good day

I would like to know if it is possible to use the Gauge chart for comparative purposes (Current vs Previous), i.e. have both values on one chart or will I have to create a chart for each value?

Your response will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Regards

Phelisa

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Phelsia

A single Gauge Chart can only display a single Expression, so you will need a Chart for each discrete espression you require.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Phelsia,

To my knowledge, a gauge can only display a single dimension and expresssion per chart.  Although you can't show both values simultaneously, you could "toggle" between the 2 values using a variable and the expression.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

1 expression for gauge

you can simulate two indicators overlapping two charts

regards

gauge with 2 indicators.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think it is quite reasonable usage of the gauge chart, if you want to see the change rather than the separate values. It is one expression, e.g.:
<expression for current>/<expression for previous>
Shown in %.

If you wish, you can add "text in chart" to show the absolute values too, but it is a little overloaded to my taste...

Regards,
Michael

Not applicable
Author

Most businesses need comparative analysis to identify the state of the business. Qlikvew Alternate States was introduced in version 11 to facilitate comparative analysis such as year-over-year sales comparison where users want to see how current year sales compares to the previous year or current quarter compares to the same quarter a year ago.

Most of case using Line chart or bar chart only using QV.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael

Thank you for the response.

I am trying to get the figure to appear on gauge but it only shows the calculation I am making.  Am I doing something wrong or is it only for text strictly?

Regards

Phelisa

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Calculations work.  If it shows the expression text, that means your forgot the"=" sign.  That is

sum(Amount) - text

=sum(Amount) - result of calculation

Regards,

Michael