Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating QVDs fails but no error message

I have a script that creates QVDs for another qvw to use.  It currently takes about 22 hours to run.  When it finishes running, the log file looks as though everything completed as expected (shows number of rows written, no errors are shown).  But in QEMC it shows that the task failed, and when I try to load the resulting QVDs into another qvw, I get 0 rows. 

Anyone seen this before or have ideas of what i need to look at?

18 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

can you see in the log that the table stored into the qvd had records? Could you please attach the log file? 22 hours?? monster ...

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

If the script is trying to write to a non-existent folder, or if the target file is locked for some reason, you will get what you observed.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have you tried to store one or two qvd:s just to check that qvds are being created with your script?

Or try running it in debug mode with say 1000 rows just to check. I agree with Ioannis 22 hours is a monster. What are the specs of the machine you are trying to run it on?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it is a monster unfortunately...  I want to try and reduce the amount of data being pulled or somehow optimize the query but right now I need to just get the doc delivered because I'm a week past my deadline due to wrestling this.

I've attached the log file.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

"it takes 20 minutes to store 1 billion records

but 3 hours to store 422 million records."

sorry my mistake! 429 million records in 10 minutes.

try to store locally and see what happens. With the debug mode and 1000 lines only you should be able to determine if this works or not. Do you know where to find debug? It is in the script windows, next to the reload button.

There might be timeout issues here that prevent the store from completing.

Check disk space, access rights, server restarting during the night etc.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

How are you calling this script?

Are you using the Include Statement for the QVD Script?

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

is this the store command syntax you are using :

store Orders into \\na01\qvshare_dev\Make Orders_qvd_test.qvd

or

store Orders into \\na01\qvshare_dev\Make Orders_qvd_test.qvd (qvd)

?

alematex
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

do you have a pasword in your file?

Not applicable
Author

I don't think that is the issue... I can see QVD files written in the target location and they are quite large.  I'm just not pulling any data in when I run the script in the other QVW.