Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Creating a Percent Range for Selection

Hi,

I have a chart that looks something like this:

Customer    ItemCode    Customer Item Qty    Customer Percent %    Total Item Qty

1                    1                                100                        1.01%                        9,900

23                  1                            1,000                      10.10%                        9,900

2                    2                    12,400,000                      74.22%                16,708,000

3                    2                      4,308,000                      25.78%                16,708,000

4                    5                      8,840,000                      50.02%                17,673,000

etc.....

Expressions:

Customer Item Qty: =SUM( OrderedQty )

Customer Percent %: = [Customer Item Qty] / [Total Item Qty]

Total Item Qty: =SUM( Total <ItemCode> OrderedQty )

I want the slider object to be a percent range 0% - 100% (1/4 intervals) that allows the user to filter the chart based on the range of percentages selected

For example:

0%      25%    50%      75%    100%

<-----|----------|----------|----------|----------|----->

If the user selects range 25% - 100% then only the last 3 rows of my example should display.

I have tried using max and min variables with set analysis, but haven't been able to figure it out.

Could someone please explain how to do this?

Thanks,

Ben V

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Check if the attached is what you are looking for...

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Check if the attached is what you are looking for...

benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Awesome, thanks for the fast response Sunny!

Thanks,

Ben V

sunny_talwar

No problem

benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Quick question about your example:

When a narrow selection is made, the totals display ' - ' ...

I know I can change the 'Total Mode' to 'Sum of Rows', which works fine for the Customer Item Qty, but for Total Item Qty it sums every row (summing duplicates) giving a wrong total. (my actual report has many more itemcodes and customers than our example)

How can I get the sum of the Total Item Qty for distinct ItemCodes when such selections are made?

Thanks,

Ben V

sunny_talwar

May be try now

benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

QV_1.PNG

I'm thinking this may not be possible the way I want to do it...

In your example, the second column is the "Total Item Qty" - although it displays values now, I want the total to be 16708000 because that is the Total quantity sold of that item. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Ben V

sunny_talwar

Is this what we want?

Capture.PNG

benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes!! How did you do that?

Thanks,

Ben V

sunny_talwar

I used the Dimensionality() function to use a different expression for the total and a different total for the regular rows.

=If(Dimensionality() = 0,

Sum(Aggr(If(If(Sum(OrderedQty)/Sum(Total <ItemCode> OrderedQty) >= vVarLow and

Sum(OrderedQty)/Sum(Total <ItemCode> OrderedQty) <= vVarHigh,

Sum(OrderedQty)/Sum(Total <ItemCode> OrderedQty)) > 0, Sum(Total <ItemCode> OrderedQty)), ItemCode)),

Sum(Aggr(If(If(Sum(OrderedQty)/Sum(Total <ItemCode> OrderedQty) >= vVarLow and

Sum(OrderedQty)/Sum(Total <ItemCode> OrderedQty) <= vVarHigh,

Sum(OrderedQty)/Sum(Total <ItemCode> OrderedQty)) > 0, Sum(Total <ItemCode> OrderedQty)), Customer, ItemCode)))