Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating dimension for bucketing records w/ special constraint on one bucket

I have a dataset with 3 columns: Client, Status, Revenue.  Status can be 'Covered' or 'Uncovered'.  Client to Status is a one-to-many relationship (i.e., one row in the data may be Client A // Covered // $100 ... and another may be Client A // Not Covered // $300)

I create a bar chart with a dimension that buckets the Clients based on total Revenue, regardless of Status (<$1k, $1k-250k, etc.) .... and an expression to count (distinct Client).

For the <$1k bucket, I have a special constraint -- I only want to count the clients if they have Status = 'Covered'...

This seems simple, but the tricky part is that a Client can have some Revenue as 'Covered' and some Revenue as 'Uncovered'...my code attached uses a simple 'and' clause to factor in the constraint on Status, but Qlikview doesn't seem to recognize it ... in the attached example, QVW says there are 8 clients <$1k that are 'Covered', but really there are 6....

Anyone able to help?  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

dimension

=if(aggr(sum(Revenue),Client) >= 250000, '$250k+',

if(aggr(sum(Revenue),Client) >= 100000, '$100k-250k',

if(aggr(sum(Revenue),Client) >= 1000, '$1k-100k',

if(aggr(sum(Revenue),Client)<1000, '<$1k w/ Coverage',

//and Status='Covered'

'Other'

))))

expression

=count({$ <Revenue={">1000"}>+<Revenue={"<=1000"},Status={Covered}>} DISTINCT Client)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The approach I took was to adjust my dimension to account for 'Status' in the <$1k bucket ... one hunch I have is to ignore 'status' when creating my dimension .. and then introduce some kind of set analysis in my expression which incorporates 'Status' when Revenue <$1k ... but i have struggled to do this properly Any help is appreciated!

maxgro
MVP
MVP

dimension

=if(aggr(sum(Revenue),Client) >= 250000, '$250k+',

if(aggr(sum(Revenue),Client) >= 100000, '$100k-250k',

if(aggr(sum(Revenue),Client) >= 1000, '$1k-100k',

if(aggr(sum(Revenue),Client)<1000, '<$1k w/ Coverage',

//and Status='Covered'

'Other'

))))

expression

=count({$ <Revenue={">1000"}>+<Revenue={"<=1000"},Status={Covered}>} DISTINCT Client)

Not applicable
Author

tremendous ... thank you so much ... have never used the union operator before, thanks!!