Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Creating the key field after the link table. Why it doesn't work?

I have key field called "KEY_PERIOD_CUST_PROD_ACID" which is created based on the Autonumber which exists in the FACT as well in the link table.

After the link table if I try to create a key field called "f_KEY_PERIOD_CUST_PROD" without autonumber in the fact and same key is used in another table to link with FACT. In this case it is getting the Period which actually connects to the link table by calendar table.

If I try to create the same key field "f_KEY_PERIOD_CUST_PROD" without autonumber in the FACT before the link table then in that case it is getting Period.

May I know why same thing is not working if I try to create the key field after the link table as mentioned in the first case above?

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think you need to provide more details - the relevant parts from the script and a screenshot from the tableviewer would be helpful for this.

- Marcus

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I totally agree with you due to security reasons I am not able to share any screen shots. Else I would have shared it in my first post itself. I know it is very difficult to get any help without the screen shots.

marcus_sommer

If I have such a problem I analyse it normally within gui with tableboxes in which I put the keys, key-parts and an unique record-identifier - created per recno() and/or rowno() - to identify if are there a logic-issue, an error within the key-creation or an issue with the data-quality.

- Marcus

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your response. I am trying you analyse it in the same way. But I am getting why it doesn't work if I try to add a key field "f_KEY_PERIOD_CUST_PROD" after the link table? That is what I am trying to understand.

If I add the same key before the link table it is working perfectly. So not sure what is the mistake I am doing here.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Anyone have answer for this?

marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear for me what you are doing in which order and therefore it's quite difficult to guessing any reason.

In addition to the above mentioned checking from the keys within a tablebox it could be helpful to keep any intermediate step while creating the datamodel. I use for this most often a qualifying of additionally loaded resident-tables which I then also investigate.

If this didn't worked then I think you will need to prepare a small dummy with a few inline-tables to demonstrate this issue.

- Marcus