cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creation of "PIVOT TABLE".

Dear All,

Greetings for the day.

I need to create a pivot table. Please provide solution for the same. Thanks in advance.

REQUIREMENT :-

In my application, there are two table's (Location Master (Master Table) & Storage Master (Transaction Table)). In Location master file, we will have department code and location no details.  In my storage master file, I have department code , location no, part no and no of loc's fields.  Please find the screen shot below.

Sample Data.jpg

Now, my requirement is I need to create a "PIVOT TABLE (As shown in above graph)" with location no coming from location master and with part no coming form storage master. But retriving part no from storage master is diffcult because this part no retrive depends on "NO OF LOCS". If "NO OF LOCS" is 2 then that means respective location no and next location no is allocated to same part no. EG :-  456 is there in A2 but NO OF LOCS is 2, that means next location also i.e. A3 also allocated to same part no 456.

The series of location no in LOCATION MASTER wont change. It is constant.

Hope you understand my requirement.

Please provide me solution for the same, as I am new for QV and I need to submit this table to client asap.

Thanks in advance..

2 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Hope this will help you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Reehaabraham,

I think u should use the applymap function like this

Mapping load DEPOT, LOC NO From loacation master;

StorageMaster:

Load

Applymap ('Location',DEPOT,'Unknown_Match') as DEPOT,

Applymap ('Location', LOC NO,'Unknown_Match') as  LOC NO,

DEPOT, LOC NO,PART NO, NO OF LOCS

From Storage master;

Then u will get the single table and no synthetic key

after that u can create the pivot table as ur requirement..

Hope this would be help u ..