Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Cross Table and Number to Date

Want to convert this excel data into QlikView format using cross table.

Need final tables showing

1) Working Date                  Total Pallets Made     Total Pallets Dispatched

2) Customer Name              Total Pallets Made     Total Pallets Dispatched

Where all Dates showing as a column headers are Working Dates and Rows showing number of pallets.

+ Pallets = New Pallets made on respective Day

-  Pallets = Pallets dispatched to customer

Thanks....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Dates in excel are numbers too. You can check this by changing the format of the cell to Number. This is why you see numbers as column names. What happens next is that the CrossTable function converts field names to string values. That means your dates (numbers) end up as text in the result table. To change these text values into dates again you need to create another table where you can use the num# function to make a number from a string. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP
Author

I have attached qvw made. The only probelm is I am unable to get Datewise table.

Also, dont understand while my EXCEL date are converted to INT/NUMBERs.

How to convert these NUMBERs to DATE formate in this QVW?

Thansk

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Dates in excel are numbers too. You can check this by changing the format of the cell to Number. This is why you see numbers as column names. What happens next is that the CrossTable function converts field names to string values. That means your dates (numbers) end up as text in the result table. To change these text values into dates again you need to create another table where you can use the num# function to make a number from a string. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks Dear.

Useful information..!!!