Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ctrl+F

Dear all,

In a normal list box, when using the "find" function, you normally press the control button plus the "F" button. Then you type the text you want to find and press enter.

My question is, is there a way to use this function with many individual texts?

For example:

If you have a list of numbers going from 1 to 100, and you want to find and select numbers 9, 15, 26, 37 and 39.

To find only one, 9 for instance, press CTRL + F and 9, then enter.

The question is: How to find and select them (9, 15, 26, 37 and 39) all at once?

I have tried CTRL+C and CTRL+V with the list, but it does not work.

Any comment will be appreciated!

Thanks to all and merry Xmas!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prieper
Master II
Master II

Type your values and confirm each with Cntrl + Enter, or Cntrl + LeftMouse

HTH
Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Type your values and confirm each with Cntrl + Enter, or Cntrl + LeftMouse

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply!

The only problem is that in my case, the list box contains roughly over a fifteen hundred entries. From these, I have to select approximately three hundred individual items. And I know that pressing CTRL+Enter I can choose one by one and add to the selection. But if you mistakenly release the CTRL button in the middle of the three hundred entries, you have to go back and maybe start over. What I really need is a was to past the whole list of the three hundred items in the search query to select them all at once.

Can you help me with this matter?

Thanks and best regards,

Lucas

Not applicable
Author

Hi - Does anyone know how users can copy and input a list of values into a search? This is for circumstances as per this post where you have a very long list and it is not particle for a user to select one by one. Every other system we use normally have a feature to input a range or past a list in. To past a list into a search is required on a day to day basis by most personal.