Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cummulative Sales vs Plan chart - advise please

Cummulative Sales.pngHi,

I am trying to define a line chart to show cummulative sales by day vs cummulative planned values by day within a selected period.

I want the graph to show the Plan cummulative values for all days within the selected period that exist on the Plan table and the Sales cummulative values for the days that exist on the Sales table for that same period. Ideally the sales line should stop when there are no more sales for the rest of that period.....

so it should look something like the image shown - green line = sales and red line = plan

Any ideas how I would acheive this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Check this attached application.

Hope this helps you.

-Sridhar

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

If you select "Full Accumulation" in the Expressions tab for both expressions, that should accomplish what you want.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response. I've tried that, but only get a plan line extending for the dates that match the sales transaction dates. Perhaps it is the way in which I have defined/loaded my tables.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

It might be...can you post a reduced sample?

Not applicable
Author

Sales vs Plan Test.png

Hi Vlad,

I created simple spreadsheets for plan data and transaction data and pulled those into a new QV. This now shows the full date axis for the plan data which is what I want . The transaction line 'FLAT LINES' for the balance of the period where there are no transctions, which would be correct for any closed preiod. Is there a way that I can make the transaction line stop when it reaches the current date in the graph if I were showing the current period? It would look a bit neater.

sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Check this attached application.

Hope this helps you.

-Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sridhar, this is what I am after.

suniljain
Master
Master

if you have huge data then it is good to implement it in script level