Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skumarqv11
Contributor III
Contributor III

Currenet selections not appearing in the excel after 65000 rows?

Hi Folks,

I am facing a issue while exporting the data into exccel. Issue is current selections not appearing in the exported file. I can see upto 65000 rows but after that if i have it i cann't able to see that selections. Can you please suggest on this.

I ghave used couple of approaches like below.

5 Replies
atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Shravan

Which version of Excel are you exporting as, since an earlier version did have a limit on the number of rows at around 65000

Regrads

Adrian

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Shravan,

Are you trying to view the xls file in Excel? If you have an old version of Excel like Excel 2003 the number of rows is limited to just over 65000.

Good luck

Andrew

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As far as I know, if the number of rows exceeds 65535, the export happens as a CSV file, where the selections might not be included. The Settings > User Preferences > Export mention current selection stamp in HTML or "On BIFF Exports", which is Excel binary format, not CSV, so if the number of lines is higher than supported by BIFF and converted to CSV, the current selection stamp will not be set.

skumarqv11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Miguel, Thanks for yor response, Yes Its happening when i am having a table exceeds 65500, Can't we capture the current selection if we tbale has morethan 65535. can we do that if i have a QV version 12 because i am using QV 11.2 SR8

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I think support to XLSX is on the table but either you "page" the results by limiting your objects to display less lines or add a separate file with the selections, or perhaps use the header of the objects to display that information.

On a broader sense, if you need to automate these big exports, think of using NPrinting.