Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Current Selections Not showing Certain selections when exporting

Hi,

My users what a date stamp whenever they export to excel.  I thought the best way would be to create a field via an Inline table that would store the Date that the script was run.

let DateTimeStamp = Now();

LOAD * INLINE [

_DateTimeStamp

'$(DateTimeStamp)'

];

But when I select this field and then export a chart it shows all my other selections except this one.  Could it be that QV doesn't think InLine table deserve to be exported.

Yes, "On BIFF Exports" is checked.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Selection in the logical island is not printed with Excel because this selection doesn't affect anything in the table.  Here is what you can do - create an expression in your table that contains your field, for example

only(_DateTimeStamp)

and disable this expression, so the table doesn't change.  Make selection in your field, and export.  I just tried - it works.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Selection in the logical island is not printed with Excel because this selection doesn't affect anything in the table.  Here is what you can do - create an expression in your table that contains your field, for example

only(_DateTimeStamp)

and disable this expression, so the table doesn't change.  Make selection in your field, and export.  I just tried - it works.

Regards,

Michael

markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks for the explaination.  Always good to know why something is happening.

Your solution worked great.  I wish I didn't have to add it to every chart that a time stamp is wanted for, but it's not a big deal.

Thanks!