Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpollozhani
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Custom Between function in QlikView: How to add descriptions to input parameters?

Hi everyone!

I'm experimenting on creating custom functions in the Module Editor of QlikView (v 12). I'm simply trying to create a Between function, similar to the one available in SQL. Written in JScript, this is my function:

function Between(x, upper, lower, notinclude) {

notinclude = 0 || 1 || 2 || Null;

if (notinclude == 0) {

if (x<=upper && x>=lower) {

return (True);

} else {

return (False);

}

}

else if (notinclude == 1) {

if (x<=upper && x>lower) {

return (True);

} else {

return (False);

}

}

else if (notinclude == 2) {

if (x<upper && x>=lower) {

return (True);

} else {

return (False);

}

}

};

I wanted to add the possibility to choose which of the bounds to include in the comparison, hence the "notinclude" parameter.

Now I'm not completely certain that the function works the way I like (to start with I'm no JS guru, and also I am completely new to custom functions in QV). I haven't gone on and tried it yet.

My question, however, is: how can I create suitable descriptions in "script syntax mode" (for lack of other words), so that the user that has never seen this function knows what each parameters is supposed to mean? Now, the syntax description/help text in the script just states "dual Between(expr, expr, expr, expr)". I would want it to state, for instance, "dual Between(expr, lowerbound, upperbound, excludebound)".

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK it's not possible but you could vote on it: .

- Marcus

dpollozhani
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I see you have already voted for it. Knowing that the focus nowadays is virtually only on Qlik Sense, I find it hard to believe that functionality like this would be added, but one can always hope. Either that, or the possibility to do similar things on Qlik Sense. Nonetheless, thanks a bunch!

dpollozhani
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I'm sorry, I mean that I can see that you have already made a thread on the topic. I've given my vote now!