Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Qlik Analytics Tour 2020 Online. Begins August 10th. Register Today
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator III
Creator III

Custom Format Cell not working in Table Box

Hi Team!

Hey I have a simple but weird one.

I have created a table box (because I need the Input Field option) and I want to custom format the dimension backgrounds. I have created several different table boxes and none of them are recognizing the desired outcome. 

Please see attached and help me identify where I am mistaken.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Custom Format Cell not working in Table Box

Hi, if a field have difffrent values it returns null, you need an aggregation funcion to eturn only one value: Concat(), MaxString(), in example to look if there is a value in all possible values you can make a concat to mrge all values in a single value and search the value in a sting, in a simple way it can be like:

If(SubStringCount(Concat(Color),'Green'),Green())

Also, you can use a table chart with hidden expression to apply a different color to each row in the same column, sample attached.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Custom Format Cell not working in Table Box

Hi, if a field have difffrent values it returns null, you need an aggregation funcion to eturn only one value: Concat(), MaxString(), in example to look if there is a value in all possible values you can make a concat to mrge all values in a single value and search the value in a sting, in a simple way it can be like:

If(SubStringCount(Concat(Color),'Green'),Green())

Also, you can use a table chart with hidden expression to apply a different color to each row in the same column, sample attached.

View solution in original post