Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Custom Listbox Sorting

Hello, I have a listbox with values for different Student Grade Levels. I want the listbox to be sorted like below:

scrshot_7-18-2017.PNG

I've gotten this sort order by adding a new value to the same table called [Grade Sort] which has a value of 1 for Pre-Kindergarten Half-Day, 2 for Pre-Kindergarten Full-Day, etc. Then on the sort tab of the listbox properties I put this field in the Expression box:

scrshot2_7-18-2017.PNG

Note: the actual value isn't called [Grade Sort] which is why QlikView is marking it as an incorrect field.

The problem that I am having is whenever I select a value in the list box, the order gets completely screwed up like this:

scrshot3_7-18-2017.PNG

I want Grade 5 to be at the top because it is the current selection, but the other values should be in the original order. Can anyone explain to me why this is happening and how I can get my desired result?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Danny,

Try as your sort expression:

=min({1}[Grade Sort])

Good luck

Andrew

View solution in original post

4 Replies
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Danny,

Try as your sort expression:

=min({1}[Grade Sort])

Good luck

Andrew

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Danny,

What font are you using in your listbox? I like it.

cheers

Andrew

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the help!

It is HelveticaNeueLTStd57Condensed. I don't know where you would be able to get it though.

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi danny,

I'm a big fan of Helvetica - this is one I didn't recognise as one of the Helvetica family at all but was rather taken by it, nice and compact.

Thanks

Andrew