Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_Maestro
Contributor III
Contributor III

Custom Silent Install - MST File?

Hello all,

This is related to a case I have open but I wanted to post in the community as well for the sake of time and also because I currently don't have a free server to test this theory out. Not a lot of documentation on this one.

We want to do a silent installs for QlikView on aws servers. However we need to make sure to be able to apply specific settings (C vs D Drive, IIS vs Webserver, etc).

There is an .msi file that executes the silent installation, but there is also a .mst file that is generated. So my question is, is the .mst file where the custom configurations are set? So if we have a successful installation on a server, will we be able to use the .msi and .mst files to do the exact same silent install with the same configs on other servers?

edit:

Also found another post about generating the .mst file below:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Msi-installation/m-p/231414

This post references a program called InstallTailor to generate the .mst file. Is this necessary? What is the .mst file that was generated upon the installation?

Labels (4)
3 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

qlik_Maestro
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thank you for the link, but this does not address my need to have change settings with the .mst file.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The following Help link should be for what you are looking I believe:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.