Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Custom fonts in Access Point for QlikView 12

Hello, we are in the process of migrating from QlikView 11 to QlikView 12. We've successfully set up QlikView Server on our dev server and have been testing out our qvws on it. The problem I am having right now though is getting our custom font to load correctly. I have the font installed on the server, and when I open up the qvw in QlikView 12 Desktop, I am able to see the correct font everywhere. But when I try to view the document in my browser through Access Point, the font does not load correctly for certain sheet objects. Charts have the correct font, but text objects and list boxes do not.

Correct:

scrshot_7-21-2017.PNG

Incorrect:

scrshot2_7-21-2017.PNGscrshot3_7-21-2017.PNG

We had the correct fonts in QlikView 11 by following this guide: 8 steps to customize your QlikView apps with Google Fonts

I've installed the extensions on our dev server and placed them into the correct location and I can verify they are working (I added an alert to the JS script to make sure that the extension is loading correctly). I can also confirm that the CSS file it is trying to access via `Qva.LoadCSS()` is in the correct location. Did something change in the QlikView Javascript API with QlikView 12 that would cause this to no longer work?

I've attached the JS Script and the CSS file that we are using for the extension.

EDIT: After looking at the web page using Google Chrome's developer tools, it looks like the extension is correctly loading the CSS, but it isn't seem to be applying to the objects.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Partner
Partner

Re: Custom fonts in Access Point for QlikView 12

Ok, I figured it out. Turns out that whoever had set our QlikView Server up had edited the opendoc.htm file to include a CSS Stylesheet from fast.fonts.net.  This stylesheet included all of the @font-face{} statements where are font-family was defined.  So the extension was correctly applying the CSS after all, but the CSS was trying to access a font-family that wasn't defined.

Glad to see that it wasn't the switch to QlikView 12 that caused this problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Partner
Partner

Re: Custom fonts in Access Point for QlikView 12

Ok, I figured it out. Turns out that whoever had set our QlikView Server up had edited the opendoc.htm file to include a CSS Stylesheet from fast.fonts.net.  This stylesheet included all of the @font-face{} statements where are font-family was defined.  So the extension was correctly applying the CSS after all, but the CSS was trying to access a font-family that wasn't defined.

Glad to see that it wasn't the switch to QlikView 12 that caused this problem.

View solution in original post