Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator

Custom mapping

Hi all,

Does anyone know of either a plugin or a suggestion on how I could implement a custom "map".

I would basically like to have an image, for example of a football stadium/train etc, something where I have seat allocations.

Based on this image, I would like to have data that maps to this image, I assume based on co-ordinates etc.

Is this something that could be implemented within QS?

Thanks for your comments

Immy

4 Replies
Not applicable

You can use a scatter graph with fixed x,y co-ordinates over a background image if that is what you want. All you need to do is ensure that you have adequate co-ordinates for the data you are trying to display. Also as a warning, I know from experience that trying to keep these sorts of things up to date can be a major pain as it is almost always a totally manual dataset

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Imtiaz,

you could implement it, but depending on which type of client (or browser) your users view this app, the layout might be slightly askant - that cannot be helped afaIk, it is not possible to fix the layout as in a pdf document ...

What I'm thinking of is simply using the picture of the stadium or whatever as a background, then using a textbox for every seat and making this light up in dependency of certain conditions.

I do not know of any easier method. It would be great if there were extensions where you could have a picture and then just subdivide that picture into certain "textbox_areas" and they would shrink or grow depending on the client, so they would always fit the picture ...

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Colin-Albert

You can create a custom map using an image with the SVG Map extension.

Have a look here

http://community.qlik.com/thread/100068

http://community.qlik.com/thread/104941

imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks all - seems like this is a lengthy challenge and something I will need to determine warrants such time on.

Thanks

Immy