Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Custom report

I have developed a custom report but the data fetching at the time of browsing is taking a huge time. I have also monitor that at time of execution, the CPU and memory has taken above 90%.

My question is that what the point I should take care to perform the report execution fast. My application size is 1.20 GB.

Help!

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

You need to provide more details, like number of records and columns, the script and screenshots from tableviewer, your system environment (desktop client, server - access point, 32-bit OS ?) and by which actions you have a huge time needed (and how much is huge and what do you expect ?).

- Marcus

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Well chanty has provided you all the details.

-Increase your RAM ?

-reduce your application and optimize it

-cross check for the best suitable data model

-check for valid Qlik objects used and nested expression.

Not applicable
Author

Hi..

The details information is -

The Server - 450GB HDD, 96GB RAM, Virtual 32 Core, 64 BIT.

Local Client from where I am browsing -

4GB RAM , 64 Bit,

Application size on server is 1.20 GB and no of records - 232,267,344

marcus_sommer

You mean with local client the desktop client which opened the application directly without using the server, right? Then I think you haven't enough RAM (I assume in regard to your number of records that your application size is measured in a compressed mode - take a look on the document properties in tab general in the top left area - if you stored it uncompressed you will see the real RAM footprint without the amount needed to cache the result of your interactions) and qlikview will be permanently swapping into the virtual RAM on the hard-disc - and this will be very slow.

If this is the case then you need to increase your RAM and/or optimize the application. Here have special look on the Document Analyzer update 2.7 and on The Importance Of Being Distinct.

- Marcus