Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Customer Access to QlikView Docs - Is there any way they can use the IE plugin rather than AJAX?

Hi,

We have an external facing report that our customers are going to be able to access.  We have a URL for it and that's fine apart from the fact that it only shows the AJAX version ... the AJAX functionality is so poor and the visualisation so rubbish that we really want them to be able to use the IE Plugin instead.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  If I access through the link it still displays for me as AJAX even though I've got the full QV client and plugin installed on my machine.  I am really hoping someone will come up with some good news ... even if it means installing the client on our customers' computers ... anything is better than using AJAX!!

Using QV V10 at the moment.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Emma

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi emma

Always use Internet Explorer to Open the Qlikview Acess Point

and im qlikview Management Console

click on System tab => Setup =>Qlikview Web Server =>Accesspoint =>and select Default Preferred Client as

IE Plugin

find the screen shot and let me know wether it worked out ??

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The Access Point route is fine for internal staff but this is not how our external users will be going.  There is a URL set up as a link on a data portal that they log into.

I couldn't find the screen shot on your reply but this is a screen shot of our management console (the gaps are where our server name would be).  I'm not sure if your suggested settings would have an effect if people aren't going in through Access Point.

Thanks,

Emma

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

is there default preferred Client Option in console

coz we had earlier faced the same prob now it got sloved thru it