Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cycle button not visible in pivot table with two dimensions

Hello

I have a pivot table with a row and column dimension. I have several expressions in the table that are in a cycle group. However the cycle group button does not appear on the pivot table, nor does the name of the current expression shown. If you do the same in a chart the cycle button appears bottom left and the current expression is shown in the title. Is there a way to make these visible in the pivot table?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks

I decided in the end to avoid cycle groups completely and use an island inline file to create a listbox with the measures in. Then set a variable to hold the expression depending on which one was selected in the list box.

Phew!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can send an example?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I think this is a known issue with pivot tables. To work around, you can create another object (eg a straight table) with the same cyclic group and no expressions. Reduce the size of this object until only the cyclic selector appears. Cyclic selections work across the model, so selections in this cyclic will update the cyclic in the pivot table.

On the layout tab, select a layer for this 'floating' cyclic button that is above the pivot table, and you can manually place it in the correct location over the table (or any where else you like!).

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan. My cycle group is not defined in the document settings>group tab. It's definied in the expression tab for the table, so it doesn't have a name. I tried defining it the first way but couldn't get it to work. Can I still make this work-around work?

Many thanks.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I have never tried that, but I have my doubts. The cyclic group trick works because cyclic groups are model level objects, but cyclic expressions are chart specific. So I suspect you are out of luck there.

There are several other options which should work for you:

• You might have to resort to conditionally displaying one pivot per expression using a state variable to control which one is displayed and one or more buttons to change the value of the state variable.
  • Or use multiple pivots with auto minimize
  • If you are using QV11, you can conditionally display expressions in pivot tables. Again you would use a state variable and one or more buttons

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

BTW - if you grab the image for the cyclic and use that image for the state control button, you  would be faking the cyclic control so that most users would be unaware of the difference.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks

I decided in the end to avoid cycle groups completely and use an island inline file to create a listbox with the measures in. Then set a variable to hold the expression depending on which one was selected in the list box.

Phew!