Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

*** DELETED FILE: C:\FILENAME.QVW ***

Looking through my QvWebServer logs I found out several lines with the following message:

<DisplayName>*** DELETED FILE: C:\FILENAME.QVW ***</DisplayName>

I believe those appear when a user enter the AccessPoint and QvWebServer answers the petition returning the list of QVW Apps that should be displayed. The FILENAMES makes reference to some QVW files that used to exist in the folder where the Apps are published but were deleted a while ago.

Everything seems to be working fine, no problem there, but I't appears that somehow the Web Server expect those file to be found on the folder, so it must have a cached list of some sort (QVPR maybe) and when they're not found the message stated above appears in the logs.

This makes me wonder if just deleting the files manually is the right way to do it or is there some other way? Why do you believe the AccessPoint "expects" those deleted files? Maybe they're still distributed on a orphan/ghost task that never got deleted?

Cheers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I found out that the filename on the error message was for an application that no longer existed (the QVW was deleted from the user documents folder) but still had a license asigned to it.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 Reply
alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I found out that the filename on the error message was for an application that no longer existed (the QVW was deleted from the user documents folder) but still had a license asigned to it.

Regards