cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
posywang
Creator
Creator

Dashboard Design Question

Hi, we currently have a Qlikview Dashboard that is about 500MB because it contains rolling 30 day data. After talking with our user groups, 90% of the time users only need to access the most recent data. In order to avoid loading unnecessary large amount of data to memory, is there a way to load most recent data first, then offer users a button/link if they need to access more data, then load the data accordingly? For example, I have data of 2/27/2017, 2/26/2017, 2/25/2017, and 2/24/2017. I want user to access only 2/27/2017 data once they open the dashboard. If the user wants to see all data, give him a button/link to access all data (2/24/2017 to 2/27/2017). Can this be achieved on Access Point? Thanks!

P.S. We hope there's a way to avoid creating two dashboards to save maintenance effort.

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be use Triggers with Condition

Select In Field --> If(OSUSER() = 'UserName', Date(Max(DateField),'DD-MM-YYYY'))

// Here, UserName means NTNAME of Machine which user has control.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

AFAIK you could achieve this only with Using EDX in QlikView 11 - basic example which needs some efforts to implement it. I could imagine that handling two applications is easier and might also offer different opportunities for the usability.

Beside them do your users experience any performance issues by using this application? Have you measured or watched the RAM and CPU consumption while using the application? If everything runs smoothly you might not need to change anything ...

- Marcus