Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Free Qlikview

Hello all, I apologise if this has been asked already but I could not find it on the forum.

At present we have a client that has created a Qlikview that we are loading test data into. As we are loading this data the client is updating their current Qlikview and would like the new data (once tested by us) to be loaded to their new Qlikview. We plan to have the client upload this to an area we can retrieve this but each Qlikview is around 300Mb and we need to reduce the size for this transfer.

What I would like to know, is there a way of emptying the Qlikview of all data so it is just the layout and sheets with no data so we can reduce the size of the file we receive from them and then load it up from our site with the new data. Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Yes there are a number of ways to do it. The easiest is to open up QlikView and on the Recently files tab in the Startpage. Here you can right click on a file and click "Load without data". When it opens up, save the file and you have a QlikView without data.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes there are a number of ways to do it. The easiest is to open up QlikView and on the Recently files tab in the Startpage. Here you can right click on a file and click "Load without data". When it opens up, save the file and you have a QlikView without data.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Matt,

the way to empty out the document is called "Reduce Data", and it's available within the "File" menu of the Developer. You can reduce all data or limit data to the selected/associated values. You can then save the reduced document and transport it, even via e-mail.

regards,

Oleg

Not applicable
Author

Thank you to you both as both of these work and are exactly what I need, as well as being simple to explain to our clients.

Matt