Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Modelling With Multiple Fact Tables

Hi All,

I am developing a QlikView Dashboard based on Multiple Fact Tables. Since They are using Same Dimension Tables but different Key columns.It creates Sync Table. Please help me to avoid this issue.

Sync.jpg

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could concatenate the fact-tables or create a link-table or simply rename the fields which should not associated. Which way is the best depends from your data and aims.

- Marcus

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Concatenating them is usually the best solution. See more on Fact Table with Mixed Granularity and on Generic keys

HIC

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

join both table where columns are same

Not applicable
Author

The Measures are different.They use some common dimensions.So i cant merge these two tables.

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

then use concatenate and generate a flag for both tables and use that flag in your expression side where ever you want

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mohit.Can you please explain me in detail since i dont know what you mean by flag.

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

see my demo attached file with excel data also relating to create flag

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Krishnan,

you could also, if that's possible in your case, just rename all the fields except the keyfields - and if those are still several, build a compound_key and rename the original keyfields so they don't associate anymore.

I had the same issue once with two lists I was to display in QlikView - for simplicity, they were using the same column_names - so, since I wanted two separate tables in my data_model, I had to rename all the fields. You can have a different name displayed in diagrams and list_boxes, so there's no problem there. It's just a bit time-consuming once.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can make a primary key with all the common dimension for exemple:

Table 1:

Load

Field1&' - '&Field2&' - '&Field3 as %KEY,

Date,

Qty